Witchcraft by Lunamoon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Witchcraft by Lunamoon

A place where witches and pagans alike can come and share their paths in a warm and friendly enviroment

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to witchcraft by lunamoon, we are a new forum and still building our info, please feel free to join us and be part of our community
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» 5 Herbal teas to boost your immunity~
Basil herb ~  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 12:44 pm by Admin/Lunamoon

» The Sabbats~
Basil herb ~  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 12:40 pm by Admin/Lunamoon

» Things to consider when casting spells~
Basil herb ~  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 12:30 pm by Admin/Lunamoon

» Days of the week and casting spells
Basil herb ~  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 12:20 pm by Admin/Lunamoon

» Herbs of the Moon ~
Basil herb ~  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2023 1:31 pm by Admin/Lunamoon

» Healing Herbs ~
Basil herb ~  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2023 1:21 pm by Admin/Lunamoon

» Herbs of protection ~
Basil herb ~  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 8:33 pm by Admin/Lunamoon

» The Witches Bell~
Basil herb ~  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2022 6:38 pm by Admin/Lunamoon

» The Witches Boline
Basil herb ~  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2022 6:35 pm by Admin/Lunamoon

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:06 pm
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Moon phase
flying witch

Basil herb ~  Broom-12
cauldron

Basil herb ~  Cauldr10
witchy

Free Graphics
penty

Basil herb ~  Purple10

Basil herb ~

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin/Lunamoon
Admin

Basil herb ~  Empty
PostSubject: Basil herb ~    Basil herb ~  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2022 8:20 pm

Basil ~

The word Basil comes from the Greek, meaning “King”.

Basilisicum is from the Latin for Basilisk, a creature that could cause madness and death. It was carried or ingested as a charm against attacks. It may have been used to cure madness, or it may have been attributed with causing madness.

Basil may have been brought to Greece by Alexander the Great around 350BCE

African folklore claims that basil protects against scorpions, while Greek lore said that scorpions would breed in the presence of basil.

Basil was used in English folk magic, like so many other things, to ward off harmful spells as well as to keep away pests.

Apparently, witches drank basil juice before flying on their brooms. Perhaps it aids in astral projection.

During Tudor times, small pots of basil were given to guests as a parting gift. Perhaps it would be useful in traveling spells.

Magical Attributes
Basil is sacred to Vishnu, Tulasi, and Erzulie, masculine in nature, and associated with the element of fire and the planet Mars.

Basil helps steady the mind, brings happiness, love, peace, and money and protects against insanity.

Use basil in spells to attract love, prepare for astral projection, or bring luck in physical journeys.

Apparently carrying a leaf in your pocket or wallet will attract money. Placing one in your cash register will attract money there too.

Soak basil in water for three days and then sprinkle the water over the threshold of your place of business to bring in customers and keep away thieves.

Dust the upper half of your body, especially over your heart, with powdered basil to keep your lovers eyes only on you. (S. America)

Keep a bit of basil in each room to protect the home and family. Rub some basil on your forehead to protect you when leaving the house. (Hindu)

Also used in peacemaking spells and to make up after a fight.

Household Use
Basil makes wonderful potpourris, herbal sachets, and dried bouquets. Try opal, lemon, anise and cinnamon basil for this. It is reputed to keep flies away and has larvacidal properties against mosquitoes and houseflies.

The antifungal and antibacterial properties of basil may make it useful in making household cleaners.

After arguing with a loved one, take some time to calm down while sipping some basil tea. Then you’ll be prepared to return to the conversation and settle the dispute peacefully.

Serve meals heavily laced with basil during times of family strife and argument to help with reconciliation and peacekeeping.

Basil is also useful when a suitor comes a-calling to encourage his or her interest, consider adding a drop or two to your fragrance oil and include it in your recipes when preparing a romantic dinner for two.

Healing Attributes
Basil tea after a meal is said to aid digestion and prevent flatulence. It is used for many stomach complaints, where a calming effect is desired, such as stomach and abdominal cramping due to gas or other reasons, and for digestive ailments.

It has a mild sedative action and is also useful for nervous headaches and anxiety.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
https://lunamoon09.forumotion.com

Basil herb ~
Page 1 of 1