Witchcraft by Lunamoon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Witchcraft by Lunamoon

A place where witches and pagans alike can come and share their paths in a warm and friendly enviroment

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to witchcraft by lunamoon, we are a new forum and still building our info, please feel free to join us and be part of our community
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» 5 Herbal teas to boost your immunity~
Yarrow in witchcraft I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 12:44 pm by Admin/Lunamoon

» The Sabbats~
Yarrow in witchcraft I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 12:40 pm by Admin/Lunamoon

» Things to consider when casting spells~
Yarrow in witchcraft I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 12:30 pm by Admin/Lunamoon

» Days of the week and casting spells
Yarrow in witchcraft I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 12:20 pm by Admin/Lunamoon

» Herbs of the Moon ~
Yarrow in witchcraft I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2023 1:31 pm by Admin/Lunamoon

» Healing Herbs ~
Yarrow in witchcraft I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2023 1:21 pm by Admin/Lunamoon

» Herbs of protection ~
Yarrow in witchcraft I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 8:33 pm by Admin/Lunamoon

» The Witches Bell~
Yarrow in witchcraft I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2022 6:38 pm by Admin/Lunamoon

» The Witches Boline
Yarrow in witchcraft I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2022 6:35 pm by Admin/Lunamoon

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:06 pm
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Moon phase
flying witch

Yarrow in witchcraft Broom-12
cauldron

Yarrow in witchcraft Cauldr10
witchy

Free Graphics
penty

Yarrow in witchcraft Purple10

Yarrow in witchcraft

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin/Lunamoon
Admin

Yarrow in witchcraft Empty
PostSubject: Yarrow in witchcraft   Yarrow in witchcraft I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2022 8:24 pm

Yarrow~

Magical Attributes~
Yarrow is associated with Aphrodite, Hermes, the Horned God, and the hero Achilles. It is ruled by Venus and the element water and is associated with the seventh chakra. Yarrow essence can be used as a general aura cleanser and strengthener providing strong, general protection for the personal energy field during divination, astral projection or just everyday life.

Yarrow is used for divination and love spells and in spells for contacting or seeking out a specific person.

The stalks are traditionally used for casting the I Ching and the flowers can be added to dream pillows to encourage prophetic dreams. Rubbing your eyelids with yarrow is said to enhance psychic abilities. It can be used in incense or oil to cleanse the aura, and for divination. Yarrow tea can also be drunk prior to divination, and to help the mind focus on a specific issue, or avoid distractions. Especially useful for psychic communication with a loved one and, when in times of strife, can help you and your loved one see things from each others’ point of view.

Hanging a bunch of yarrow over the bed on the wedding night is supposed to ensure lasting love for seven years. Adding it to the bouquet or garlands worn by the bride or groom serves the same effect.

Back in the day, hanging a bunch of yarrow over a cradle was said to protect a baby from witches trying to steal its soul.

It is used also as a charm for pregnant women; keep it on the right side for easy labor.

Yarrow strewn across a threshold will prevent unhelpful spirits from entering.

Yarrow can be used in sachets for love, courage, communication and psychic abilities.

Yarrow tea should be given at the first sign of a cold or flu, especially if there is a fever present. It is also good for measles and similar diseases. (Anything involving fevers & spots) One ounce dried leaves to one pint boiling water. Externally, an ointment made with yarrow can be applied or (better) use it in a steam bath for both headaches and fever.

Ointments and oils made with yarrow or the essential oil of yarrow are also useful for mild abrasions and bruises, as anti-inflammatory, chest rubs to relieve congestion and for muscle aches and arthritis. Combine with other herbs for enhanced effect. (thyme, eucalyptus, peppermint, and hyssop are good).

It causes sweating and helps break fevers. It’s also used as a general blood purifier, as it increases urination as well as causing sweating, both of which help the body get rid of toxins.

Fresh bruised leaves or powdered dried leaves may be used as a styptic. I’m not sure which works best. Comments on this would be appreciated. Taken internally, it helps hemorrhage and reduces excessive menstrual bleeding, as well as easing painful menstruation. For menstrual issues, make a decoction in white wine. As with all herbs used for menstrual issues, yarrow should not be used by pregnant women.

For hemorrhage, combine with comfrey and/or Plantago.

A decoction of Yarrow is useful for hemorrhoids, especially when they bleed.

Yarrow is also useful for those with allergies, both topical and internal and for those with asthma. Inhale the steam for asthma. Use an infusion of fresh flowers to relieve symptoms or as a wash for topical symptoms and eczema. Also good for acne. Use 1 cup dried flower heads to two cups boiling water. Let steep 10 minutes covered. Pat onto the skin with a clean cloth.

Fresh leaves can be chewed to relieve toothaches.

Rinsing the hair with yarrow water is said to prevent hair loss, but does not help once it starts.

Alcoholic extracts of yarrow have stopped sperm production in laboratory mice.
Prolonged use of yarrow can cause photo-sensitivity.

People who are allergic to ragweed may find themselves allergic to yarrow. Use appropriate caution.

Pregnant women should not use yarrow internally.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://lunamoon09.forumotion.com

Yarrow in witchcraft
Page 1 of 1